Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing the SS hood on my 1969 Camaro and wanted to know if anyone had any pictures of a Baldwin or Nickie hood on their 69?

I'd like to see what they look like before I jump in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
If you can't find pics online, go to Barnes and Noble and look through all the Camaro books. You will find several examples of both hoods.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Motion used 2 different fiberglass hoods in 69
The 67 Corvette stinger style hood or the 68 Corvette L88 style hood

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to all that shared. any others besides the 427 hood? i'd like to get one with scoops.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guy who lives a few miles from Me has a 69 Camaro black with white stripes with the 427 Hood the car is absolutely stunning to look at, the hood really makes it stand out in a crowd of Camaros. He has just installed a New 383 Crate engine from Chevy with a Tremec 5 speed should be running this coming week. I think this car was a base model 307 automatic when he got it but the restomod he is doing is really a great upgrade. He installed a black houndstooth Deluxe interior also and Has 17" Torgue thrusts. Love the restomod Cars

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Special Ducted Hood (aka Cowl Induction hood)came out in December 1968, so no 68's had them. However, since the cowl hood is arguably the most popular hood ever, lots of 68's have them now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guy who lives a few miles from Me has a 69 Camaro black with white stripes with the 427 Hood the car is absolutely stunning to look at, the hood really makes it stand out in a crowd of Camaros. He has just installed a New 383 Crate engine from Chevy with a Tremec 5 speed should be running this coming week. I think this car was a base model 307 automatic when he got it but the restomod he is doing is really a great upgrade. He installed a black houndstooth Deluxe interior also and Has 17" Torgue thrusts. Love the restomod Cars
pics??????

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Motion used the stinger hood in 67-69 on some cars and the L88 on some 69s

Yenko used the stinger hood in 67 then in 68 used a hood that has 2 scoops cut in the front

Dana used a similar hood to the 68 Yenko but not the same

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts