Team Camaro Tech banner

Baldwin Motion Camaro

8K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  76Maro 
#1 ·
A client of mine has a '71 Camaro and several people have told him that they think it may be a Baldwin car. He has some Motion Performance badges he found in the glove box along with some other badges that he thinks may have originally been on the valve covers.

He called Balwin Chevrolet they want $3,000 just to confirm it is a Baldwin car and another $1,000 to supply a build sheet if it is one. Is there any other way to determine what it is short of spending $3,000?

Thanks. BTW I'm a Mustang guy and don't very much about Camaros.

#5 ·
I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. I can see $1000 for the build sheet, but $3,000 just to see if the car is a Baldwin?!?!

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads

#6 ·
sorry to burst your bubble, but Baldwin Chevy has been gone for about 20 years now. joel rosin charges 1000.00 to send documentation, and new badges as req'd he is the only one that can verify if it is a true motion car. if you go to www.nastyz28.com and post a topic MadMike might be able to help you, he is good friends with joel AKA. MR.Motion. a few things that might be able to get close is that most of the motion Camaros had a 454 mounted in it with a sorta flat air cleaner. the sidepipes were optional, and i believe that they all had gear spliters with a standart tranny. there are no after market emblems available because they are copy protected, so if you have metal emblems that have the 454 and Motion preformance on them, things look up from there. joel will never tell how many of his cars are still around, and i dont think he ever plans on letting that info out. the motion cars were a "made to order" car, anything that the cust. wanted the cust. got. i would start by emailing joel and seeing what he can do for you

------------------

#7 ·
Remember that if it is a genuine BM car, the value can be considerable higher than a non BM car. How much would anybody here be willing to pay for documentation showing that their car was an original RS/Z28-JL8-crossram-with a few other "rare"options- with the original sticker and POP. Although I too believe that his fees are HIGH!!, anybody with a Motion car owns a piece of history-which Joel produced. Also remember that Joel wasn't in this to get rich, he was making a little money(compared to the value placed on some of his cars today)and building his business. What you are buying is a piece of his business. Just my 2c.
Tom.

#8 ·
WOW!

I was still trying to get over someone paying $5K for a paint job .

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

#10 ·
Joel quoted a ridiculous price because the "red & white" car has been faked, er, cloned so many times he "sees it in his sleep", so he says.

If you seriously believe you have the real thing, the price will come down for any documentation. He's skeptical of everything now days. I showed him photo's of "70 RS/Z"'s 71 car and he was still skeptical until I mentioned a couple things. It's real and he knew it.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.