Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ball joint tool works best when installing lower ball joints, with the a-arms still on the car? I have some way of installing them, but want to have the correct tool for the job. Like to hear your recomendations on tools $100. or less; brand/model?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Same as above, I think I had to pay tax though. Worth the money. It took longer to get and return the tool than it did to install the ball joints.

Joe

·
Registered
293 Posts
Me three. As it was explained to me by an Autozone employee, the loaner program is like a "used tool sale" and they don't really care if you return the tool or not. If you do, they refund your money, if not, they order a replacement. :cool:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You pay for the part and tax but get a full refund including tax on return. Works great, do it all the time! Autozone Ball Joint Press worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Auto Zone is Western Auto here. Yes they have that same tool lending program. Thing is, I want to have it for keeps and wanted to know which worked for you. I do mechanic works as side job and like to have it at hand everytime. So if this model has worked right for you Guys, I'll be looking for the best price on this one then.

Sturdy tool you have there David, can I have it for $100? :D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You can probably search for ball joint press on froogle.com and find a better price. If I remember correctly its $100 from autozone. Very strong and sturdy. If you want a new one to keep, be sure to tell Autozone/Western Auto and they will give you a BRAND NEW ONE for the same price instead of you purchasing the already used and grimey one.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
That Harbor Freight unit is the SAME THING as what I borrow at Autozone, so its a great ball joint press for only $39!! Go that route!
We have harbor freights all over here in Southern California and I'm like a kid in a candy store again!

·
Registered
141 Posts
O'Reilly Auto has a loaner program too. same deal as Autozone. I borrowed from the zone and spent the money on other parts when I got it back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts