Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I are going to the Barrett Jackson auction in West Palm Beach Saturday. We are not going as bidders, to rich for my blood, just want to see the cars. Has anyone gone before? Just wondering what to expect and is it even worth it as a spectator?

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
You will have a lot of fun. :thumbsup:
Just don't take it too seriously.

Enjoy it for what it is - Like going to a HUGE car show.
I will be there - look for the old guy in a car shirt. ;)

Thursday and Friday- the cars are not as pricey as on the other nights.
Not sure if I will even bother to go on Saturday? Too crowded for me.

I don't really expect that I will see anything - but you never know?

All in all - it is always GREAT FUN.
MUCH smaller then AZ, but still a good time.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I'm watching it on TV now. Can someone please explain how a nice 1970 Silver Corvette hardtop with a matching # 454 LS5 goes for 30 grand and a 1973 Mustang Convertible with a 250 6cyl 1 bbl, yes I said 6 banger 1 bbl goes for $24k. I would think that 'Vette would be worth alot more than $30 grand!!

Word is Ford unveils a brand new car tomorrow at 7PM EST. It was under a car cover. Serial # 001 of 500 to be sold tomorrow Looks like a Mustang to me.

Lastly the 1986 Trans Am convertibels were ugly & slow. I remember when these came out I just graduated high school. One of these just sold for 17 grand! Geez!!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
If it's anything like Scottsdale, you'll have a blast. It's the best car show in town.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I had SO much fun.
The wife is coming back with me on Saturday. All afternoon and evening.
Will be wearing an orange hat reading: Broachbuster.com.

look for me!

The sale prices are based on the CONDITION of the cars.
And they are ALL numbers matching, but most are restamps - the LS5 started life as a Small block.
You can't see that stuff on TV.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
While your there educate the goob on stage that was looking at the alternator on a corvette saying it was the correct part number for the car "634", He was looking at the amperage which reads 63 A. DUH! Where do they get these guys?

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
While your there educate the goob on stage that was looking at the alternator on a corvette saying it was the correct part number for the car "634", He was looking at the amperage which reads 63 A. DUH! Where do they get these guys?
Also while you're there,,,, slide-up close to the TV production folks and tell the WHOLE CREW what a "hardtop" IS! Did anyone else see the 55 Chev 2dr POST last night? Through out it's entire time on TV ALL announcers called it nothing but a HARDTOP. Even the graphic under the bid-amounts called it a hardtop! I had to double-check the channel I was watching; yep Speed Channel! How can you call yourself a car-nut, produce a TV show about them on a 'car' channel and not know what a hardtop is?!!
That's like not knowing what a steering wheel is.:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I also think the green 1972 454 Big Block Corvette with only 37,000 original miles going for low money compared to that 250 6 cyl convertible 1 bbl carb 1973 Mustang was a joke!!

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Just got home.
Very uneventfull - no surprises.
Prices are lower, but IMO - no bargains either.

Funny thing....
We were guests in one of the sky boxes.
I am sitting there eating my roast beef, and drinking my rum and coke. ;)

All of a sudden this fellow plops down on the couch right next to my wife Stella.
I turn around - it is Carroll Shelby himself. :eek:
Will post some pictures later.
As always - Very fun time - did not see anything I had to have.

All the usuall stuff was happening - nothing new.
Slower paced / slower market

The economy is different then it was a year ago.

BJ Pictures

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts