Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 Camaro's battery (new) drains after 2 days and I think it's something to do with the car alarm. We've checked all the other fuses but can't locate the one for the factory installed car alarm. Anyone know where this is? I've been using the key to lock the doors instead of the car alarm/auto lock button, thinking this wasn't arming the alarm -- unfortunately, it still does, and the battery drains.

Also, is there a kill switch somewhere that I can kill the alarm with until I can get it in somewhere to be looked at? A friend told me her car alarm kill was located lower left under dash near other fuses, but I haven't seen it there. There's something in the trunk near spare but I think that's just the remote relay for shock or whatever sensor.

Any other ideas on why I might be having this problem if it isn't the car alarm? The alternator was recently replaced with a rebuilt alternator and a new, bigger battery installed by previous owner. I really like this car and hope this is the only problem I'll have to bother with for a while! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts