Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Toyota Tercell and he is having to recharge his battery daily, he has gone through 3 batteries and just replaced the alternator in the car, but is still having to recharge daily. I will be looking at the car tomorrow and my question is, is there any specific places i should check first to find out where this car is losing so much power so quickly? Could it be something in his starter/ignition switch that is malfunctioning? I hope this question is not too vague, I am really only looking for some areas in which to check out and see if it is something that can be eaisily corrected. Any input is appriciated, I know its not a camaro question, so just pass this post over if my question isnt specific enough. Thanks-Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Disconnect the battery cables, get an ohm meter and check the resistance as you pull fuses out until you've identified the circuit causing the low resistance ( which is the culprit on the battery drain ). Then, on the suspect circuit, you can go over the items connected. Hopefully, you have a wiring diagram.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts