Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of those Battery tenders..The ones you permanantly attach to the battery and when the car is stored you just plug into the wall and it turns itself on and off while the car keeping the freshly charged..If you do have one or are familiar with them can you tell me what you think

Thanks again

------------------
Retored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching FOR Sale or Trade for a 68 or 69 big block camaro in good shape
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have had one of the battery shut-off switches I got from Eastwood for $9.99. www.eastwoodcompany.com part #25053. Just screw it in to go. Unscrew when sitting. Only draw back is total disconnect may not work for you (radio presets, etc..). Car has sits up to 2 to 3 weeks with no problems. Would probably go longer, but I usually feel a strong need to drive it if I've gone that long. Always starts, but then again I run MSD box which fires pretty good even at low volts. Unless you are looking at longer periods, you could give it a try.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ive got 6 battery tenders....1 for every car..and motorcycle....never had a problem.....they are great.i recomend them....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts