Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
yea and where can you get one ? and how much is it ????????

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
They look great upon casual inspection. You need to use a top post flat top battery, so the posts extend through, properly.
At closer look, the toppers are larger than most batteries, so they kind of flop around. Some use velcro to prevent the flopping. On close inspection it still looks funny with the base being smaller than the top.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
They're about $50. available from some resto houses. Seems like Paddock, Classic, NPD. Never saw one in Ricks or Year One.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just installed one, the topper fit great on the battery, very tight. I do not think anyone will notice it is not an original battery.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Dan,
What battery did you use? If it looks as good as you say, that's the way I want to go.
Anyone want to buy a new repop R89?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea I am going to get a topper for my 67 , but one thing puzzles me ?? if they can make a topper why cant they make a complete shell ? it would only have to be a square plastic box you could sit a nice new battery with todays technology down in it , then put the topper on with some kind of temperary glue and it would look perfect !
well why not

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also did not want to use another R59 battery. They do look nice, but they require a lot of upkeep. I got my Battery Topper from Ground Up Resotations and it looks great. It would be nice if there was side skirts to go along with them, as they wouldn't be that hard to manufacture. You can see some pictures of my battery topper by clicking here

------------------
Craig Wood
1969 Camaro RS/SS

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with you hugger it is a part someone is going to have to make , whether it be a shell or side panel's or whatever if they can reproduce the top with all the correct detail's I know they could make some nice side's ,
by the way doe's the topper come with that cool little tag ??????

·
Registered
235 Posts
Like Unreal said as long as you use a flat top battery and get the correct size battery to fit the topper it will fit and look great. I'm very pleased with the one I bought. I tried using a battery that wasn't flat on top and the topper would rock back and forth and the cables wouldn't fit down on the post far enough to stay.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I went to the legendarymotorcar site. I see that they make an extension for the posts on "non-flat top" batteries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Fellow Camaro Owners:

Battery toppers can be puchased thru www.batterytoppers.com I can also be reached by phone at 319 310 3668. If I do not answer, please leave a voice mail and I will call you back. We accept VISA or MC. Ship priority USPS mail. We also have terminal post extenders. Toppers are $49.95. Post Extenders are $14.95. Shipping for topper is $6.50 and also with a set of extenders. Multiple orders are encouraged, it will save on shipping and per unit pricing on over 5 units is $44.95. 10 or more is $39.95. Toppers ARE licensed by GM. I also have MOPAR and DC12 Toppers available. Unfortunately at this time we do NOT have any side post toppers. Emails can also be sent thru the website. Please contact with any questions. Also take PAYPAL but add $2.00 for their cost of services. Have a great day! Carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Battery Toppers
Hello Fellow Camaro Owners:

Battery toppers can be puchased thru www.batterytoppers.com I can also be reached by phone at 319 310 3668. If I do not answer, please leave a voice mail and I will call you back. We accept VISA or MC. Ship priority USPS mail. We also have terminal post extenders. Toppers are $49.95. Post Extenders are $14.95. Shipping for topper is $6.50 and also with a set of extenders. Multiple orders are encouraged, it will save on shipping and per unit pricing on over 5 units is $44.95. 10 or more is $39.95. Toppers ARE licensed by GM. I also have MOPAR and DC12 Toppers available. Unfortunately at this time we do NOT have any side post toppers. Emails can also be sent thru the website. Please contact with any questions. Also take PAYPAL but add $2.00 for their cost of services. Have a great day! Carl

1 - 20 of 25 Posts