Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the main issues I will be facing going to a 454 in a 67 Camaro? Buy new motor mounts or both motor mounts and engine mount towers for swap (Rick's Camaro)? I know radiator, etc. I'll need transmission mount bracket, headers, steering box change (think Detriot Speeds 600 box). Doug's D320-R headers. 12 Bolt rear end, Wilwood brakes. with 4 link. Subframe connector's. Using original subframe and rebuilding it all. Want the 70's stance, not something dropped down. Where do I buy most parts, and what is a good fit for a job like this? We want a street car, that can be driven on the highway, big block with auto transmission, better than factory steering and handling, etc. I know the parts cost money, so that's not an issue. Any idea's???? I'm trying to keep this as easy as I can, without a bunch of fitment issues.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Miotor mounts or motor plate, crossmember according to which transmission you want to run. And the obvious things like headers. If money is not an object, do a rack and pinion steering setup. Did one on my pro street 67 and it handles and steers SO much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts