Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the sister car of your camaro....a '68 Nova.
I am converting a 6cyl car to a BB (402ci) car and I believe I need different coil springs. I did a search for coil springs and so much info came up my haed started swimming. What is the number spring I need or can a stock SB spring work? It will not be a daily driver/canyon carver, it will be a weekend driver/drag racing (@ the strip) Nova. Will the car bottom out with the 6cyl springs once the BB is in.

Yes, I posted this on the Nova forum (not many answers)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Hey Brian,..I replaced the coils on an original BB 69. Eaton Detroit Spring, 313-963-6820, asked me a couple of questions about if A/C equipped (no), std or auto (std), etc, and fixed me up with their part number MC-1266,..about $140 for the pair. Car sits at factory height which is perfect for me. Some today, like a lower stance,..if that's what you want, ask for it.

EDS was an OEM supplier of springs for GM back in the day,..so they know a thing or two.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
JohnZ said:
Although the name is the same, there is no connection between Mike Eaton's Eaton Detroit Spring Co. and the Eaton Corporation, which is a Tier 1 OEM supplier (and has been for decades). Eaton Detroit Spring is a full-service spring manufacturing operation that can duplicate almost any spring. :thumbsup:
From another thread...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No recommended moog numbers or from anyone?
Most springs I see are around $50, I really do not want to spend $140 for Eatons.

How will a SB spring hold up a BB frontend?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I see Moog's recommended quite a bit actually, you're just not getting a ton of response to your thread. I'm not knowledgable enough yet to recommend suspension components though, that's for folks like David Pozzi to do.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Straight line 69 ....Can you send me ..or POST here good pics of your BB 69 Camaro. I ve been involved in previous threads and didnt act yet. I have a 69 COPO clone that very much simulates a REAL COPO.......with Turbo 400. My 1st springs bought from well known dealer had car sit TOO low....then springs bought from McHenry Camaro Parts have car sitting a tad TOO high in most peoples opinion...even after 750-850 miles of driving.......Im still looking for the RIGHT look

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Don't take me wrong here, b/c THAT is a BEAUTIFUL car!

But I remember the day I took position of my car back in Dec., '66 and it sure didn't look like that under the skin!

pdq67

1 - 7 of 7 Posts