Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in a solid lift cam in a 427 but I seen no mention of the valve lash in with the cam. I was wondering what they should set at. The cam is an advertised 590 lift 294 duration. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Is the cam a CC 294S solid?? If it is, call them up and ask them or look in one of their cats. and find out.. pdq67

PS., a good starting point would be .022" intake/.024" exhaust.

I think the CC Magnum solids can be lashed OK from .015" to .030".

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The lash specs should be on the cam card - never saw one without them.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased it from Flatlander racing. They had a section where you could list all the info on your engine, car weight, rear gear ratio, etc and come up with the best cam for the application. I found out by using this, they charged you $30 If you didn't decide to purchase the cam from them. This is keep all the people who just wanted a size and then purchase a cam elsewhere from bothering them..I guess. They told me they custom grind their cams and it would take 7 to 10 days. After they told me the size I was thinking man thats the same size as a comp cam I saw in a catalog. Rather than lose my $30 I bought one from them. Three weeks later I got it. The price was as high or higher than a comp or crane. I then find out that they don't grind their own it was a Schnider Racing cam and they had it drop shipped from their shop. Anyone ever used one of those brands? I looked over the cam card and I don't see anywhere what the lash is. The only thing I see is where it tells you to check piston to valve clearance by setting it at .000 lash but I don't see any other settings. I guess I can contact Flatlander again but they were starting to be a$$holes toward the end when I complained about a 7 to 10 day wait turning into a 21 day wait for a cam that I could have purchased the same day at the local speed shop.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Please bear with it b/c it happened to me one time when S&H turned out to be almost 30 percent of my small order... Never went back to the place...pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts