Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my mechanic told me that i need to have my belt tensioner replaced( i just got a new serpentine belt, because the old one got eated by the tensioner) and i wondered if i can do it bymyself? My car is a 94 camaro with a v6 engine.(3.4L)It looked easy to me when he showed me the part..:):sad:
THanks,
Marton
p.s.: If i can do it would you please list me the ost important steps to follow? thanks again

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Easy enoough.
Release the tension, remove the old belt.
Unscrew the tensioner pulley.
Replace with new tensioner pulley.
Pull back on the tensioner, replace belt in accordance with the belt diagram.
Release tensioner.
Done.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Hi, my mechanic told me that i need to have my belt tensioner replaced( i just got a new serpentine belt, because the old one got eated by the tensioner) and i wondered if i can do it bymyself? My car is a 94 camaro with a v6 engine.(3.4L)It looked easy to me when he showed me the part..:):sad:
THanks,
Marton
p.s.: If i can do it would you please list me the ost important steps to follow? thanks again
Most important step.Treat it like a hand grenade with the pin pulled.Removing a failed tensioner with no regard can result in personel injury.Wear some gloves and eye protection.:yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for ur advice, I changed it for the new one and thanks god i didt get injured just a small cut on my thumb.(through the gloves):)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey as i said earlier my belt tnesioner has been replaced but now i can see 2brown spots on the new serpentine belt!It looks to me like a burned spot or something like that...Anyone any idea? Thanks :0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts