Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

I took off the heads on my L34 396 to get them cleaned and refreshed. I noticed that I had 3 of the smaller length pushrods with slight bends in them. They will still roll on a flat surface but you can notice a definate wobble to them. Should I get 3 replacement ones or should I just get an entire new set ? I will also be getting a mild cam to put in when I get the heads back. All internal engine parts as of now are original.

Thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
I would roll all of them on a piece of glass for checking. Look at the ends, if you find more that look chipped or worn and you have several more that appear bent,, pitch them. You can get good factory or after market and have piece of mind. Check the rocker arm pushrod cups also. But you need to look around there and see if you can determine what may have caused them to bend. Lead footitous?

·
Super Moderator
32,758 Posts
Lead footitous?
This disease has killed more than others have ever seen.

And unfortunately, there seems to be no cure in the future. This plague has been around since the late 1800's, and we're still carrying the disease with us. This disease is the worse one on record, according to the CDC.

Sources believe the gratutious smiling, that's ear-to-ear grinning, along with sore cheeks are common symptoms of the disease. Some have seen a glistening of the eyeballs as part of the disease.

There is no known cure for the disease, but, doctors and nurses are only been treating the symptoms until a cure is found. Some say a ride in a Metro or some other slower mode of transportation may spawn emotions from the sufferer similiar to "A Cold Day in Haites."

This disease has also been known to make thinner wallets, thinner bank accounts, and fatten the credit card accounts as well. Most banking presidents have seen incredulous amounts of monies pass through from the sufferers also denoting the intensity of this sickness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts