Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berger Chevrolet sponsored a 1969 427 Camaro and now is part of the new COPO Camaro drag racing program

I noticed that Berger Chevrolet name is back with the 2013 GMPartsNow.com COPO Camaro

Berger sold the 1969 427 Camaros L72 and ZL1 and sponsored a 1969 427 Camaro
I think the 1969 Camaro pictured was built from an SS396 but took advantage of the 427 COPO option to race in Super Stock.

Berger also had a huge parts program back in the 1960s both store front and mail order

"We are very happy that this race win also marks the first race with our new Primary sponsor “GMPartsNow.com, a division of the famous Berger Chevrolet of Grand Rapids MI,"

"Celebrating its 87th year in business, Berger Chevrolet played a integral role in the COPO legacy, as it was one of the few dealerships to champion the iconic muscle car in the late '60s. Then owner, Dale Berger, immediately saw the potential of this one-of-a-kind performance car, and bought more than 50 of them. Immensely popular, they sold to performance enthusiasts and drag racers just as quickly as he could buy them."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
if you ask me, they need to put the Berger name on the door of that '13 white copo instead of a .com reference.
Weren't all the '69 Berger copo's double (9561/9737) copo's like the Yenko cars?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Does Matthew Murphy still own this Camaro? I met him a few years back along with the Camaro just outside Minneapolis MN. He was very nice to talk to about the car. If I recall correctly the Camaro had just over 400 miles on the odometer, a 1/4 mile at a time. He signed a copy of the picture with Arons and Foust standing in front of the car for me. I have to say this Camaro is one of my all time favorites. I wish I could own it or maybe just clone it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Does Matthew Murphy still own this Camaro? I met him a few years back along with the Camaro just outside Minneapolis MN. He was very nice to talk to about the car. If I recall correctly the Camaro had just over 400 miles on the odometer, a 1/4 mile at a time. He signed a copy of the picture with Arons and Foust standing in front of the car for me. I have to say this Camaro is one of my all time favorites. I wish I could own it or maybe just clone it.
Not sure, I just grabbed the picture off the interwebs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts