Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine with 69 SS/RS big block car needs to replace all his interior pieces, seat covers(F & R) as well as the deluxe door panels, seat backs and headrests. I believe the correct color is ivory houndstooth 729, his has yellowed and wants to replace everything.
Does anyone with first hand experience with a supplier or recommendation?
Let me know so I can pass the info on, thanks in advance.
Like this one below.
Car Vehicle Product Motor vehicle Car seat cover

·
Registered
118 Posts
For most applications Legendary is superior. One caution is mixing different brands as Ivory from one manufacturer may be a different color than Ivory from another. One exception seems to be when using Black which is not the case here.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Legendary HT front and back is $898, door $507. PUI HT $535, door L=$507, P=$275. Talked to PUI and they as other use the same material and the same process, may have a slight difference in looks as it is difficult to reproduce exact as the original process is not available. Made in USA. I have compared the look and Legendary is a little more detailed than original so the appearance will give the impression of being better. When used with their foam the seat cover a almost too tight. My shop has done many of these interiors as well. Before retirement I was a PUI dealer so I am a little more partial of the product, I have 2 that are 20+ years old and look fine. Price is the biggest factor

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I did all my seat covers from Legendary. In my opinion they are too shiny/glossy.
When they supplied me with 67 deluxe they were spot on. You have to remember the original sheen is gone after 50 years. None of my fleet looks like it did when brand new. Good grief, my factory steering wheel wraps and leather seats do not look the the same as they did in 1997. The wraps are gassing out which is normal.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro 454 LS6, Holley 950, Tremec 5 speed, Currie 9 in
49 Posts
When they supplied me with 67 deluxe they were spot on. You have to remember the original sheen is gone after 50 years. None of my fleet looks like it did when brand new. Good grief, my factory steering wheel wraps and leather seats do not look the the same as they did in 1997. The wraps are gassing out which is normal.
I would have preferred something a bit less shiny.
Grille Hood Product Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts