Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to get affter market racing seats put into my 67 camaro, From every one experiance what are the best for the money. I have looked at Corbeau's "Forza" i like that design but it cost $220 for the seat and something like $80 dollars for the mounting brackets. I also looked at "summit racing" seats in there catalog. there like $60 for seats and $40 dollars for the covers and $30 for the bracket. Has any one ever used ether of the 2 seats?

thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
How much time do you plan on spending in the seat? I had the plastic Summit/Jaz type in a '67 Toyota LandCruiser (350,NOS,Auburn,Cam,Headers), and they sucked for any length of time. I'd go with a Corbeau or Recaro for long time support and comfort. My 68 SS will probably get Corbeaus, as I plan on puttin lotsa miles on that gas guzzlin 427 4 speed Rat.
Rick

·
10,164 Posts
Get a metal framed seat.
The plastic type aren't strong enough, if you get in an accident they won't hold you.

I'm taking out a plastic seat I used to use in my car and getting a Corbeau with slots for competition sholder harness etc.
It will also fold down for access to the rear seat area.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responces. I am going to go with the "Forza" seat by corbuea, I know that there not a foldown seat, but no one can sit in my back seat an way. (rollcage and the such)

thanks again

shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.