Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which book would you think is the best at giving exact details and explanations for building up a small block? There seems to be a lot of books on the stands on this subject and sense they are not cheep I only want to by one. I am looking for a book that gives the basics of tear down and rebuild. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
"How to Build the SMALLBLOCK CHEVROLET" by Larry Atherton and Larry Schreib. It is an S-A Design Workbench book.
Very good book with alot of detail and explanation.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention, many of the books are geared towards race engines. I had that trouble when I looked for a book for my big block. I chose two, Big Block Performance, and Chevy Rat Motors. If you want a basic instruction manual for rebuilding (tolerances, torque specs, etc) then maybe a shop manual, instead.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The Vizard book is the best one, in my opinion as well. Especially for doing an older engine like in the 1st gen & early 2nd gen camaro's. Very easy to follow. I've had my copy since around 1980.

------------------
David
Camaro - '68 327 Coupe, '86 Z-28 IROC 305 TPI
Corvette - '73 Mako Shark II replica, '79 L-82, '82 Cross-fire, '01 Coupe

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I just recieved my copy of How to rebuild your small block Chevy by David Visard and it is exactly what I expected. I have allready read up to around page 60. This book is full of info that will come in handy for many years Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
David Vizard has several other excellant books on specific areas such as budget performance, cylinder heads and carbs/intakes.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.