Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just purchased my dream car (68 RS) and I need a new front wiring harness. Who has the best price and service?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
You won't do better than M&H, they build their harnesses off the original GM prints, and use all the original connectors (when available). I think they will customize a harness for you as well, incase you have something like a steering column Mounted tach and what the wiring built in.

Of course not doing better than, and cheapest do not go hand in hand. Their harnesses are high end in quality and cost, but they are litterally plug an play. All your equipment will plug right in and there will not be any slack, or stretching of wires to reach anything.

If you want cheap, get a Painless harness, but be prepared to spend some time installing it and connecting everything. And in 68 the painless ignition switch connectors are consistantly wired incorrectly, so that your parking lights will go out (like 67's) when you turn the headlights lights on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just installed new front wiring in my 68 and I purchased the front lamp and engine harness from M&H. Great product and they were a pleasure on the phone. I had the lamp harness modified for a CS style alternator and the engine harness modified for HEI and an electric choke. Installation was a snap.

http://www.wiringharness.com

Good luck, congratulations, and welcome aboard!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts