Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to ship 1/4's from easton MD to jonhson city TN,just got a frieght rate from overnight trucking for 503.18

Iam sure there has to be a cheaper way,seems whenI order thing that are truck frieght it only cost about 80-100 bucks usually.

any Ideas ????

·
Registered
538 Posts
I agree, that quote is outrageous. Check around. R&L is usually pretty reasonable. If the quarters are going to be dropped at someone's residence instead of a "terminal" type place it will cost more. But not that much.

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear(soon to be a BT 12 bolt), PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
When I had full floor pans shipped from Rick's ( Ga ) to NY they were about $150 or so as I recall. You refer to'overnight'. Is that part of the pricing or their title?!

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well! the auction ended saterday afternoon and I have yet to hear back from the winner,he has good feed back though,well guess I'll give him til the week end then check next in line,

if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Living in hawaii you get to deal with your own special set of problems. Like too much sunshine, surf, bikinis and expensive everything.

I'm freezing my arse off right now. It's probably a smooth 75 degrees at your place right now. Keep complaining.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When shipping by truck it is VERY IMPORTANT that you classify the product properly. If you ship the quarters are used body panels the rate drops SIGNIFICANTLY! Also try shipping "terminal to terminal" with Yellow Freight or Roadway. This means that the seller will drop the boxed quarters off at the terminal and you will pickup the quarters at the truck terminal. No home delivery. This also significantly reduces cost.

Greyhound is STILL very competitive as long as you can meet their size limit. The biggest thing I have shipped via Greyhound are 63-67 Corvette hoods.

Mike Strinich
Nashville, tn.

------------------

1 - 18 of 18 Posts