Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Unless the engine is really hopped up and going to be used at higher rpm, I would say go with the Edelbrock Performer 600cfm. Part number 1406 with electric choke. You could use a holley as well if that is more your flavor.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
I have a edlebrock set-up that boodleloof is talking about,(On a 350) works great, good response, and very driveable. It had a holley before and was a little too high-maintence for my tastes. Just bolt it on and start it up...Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
Id have to agree.

Ive been driving mine for 4 years with no problem. I have a edlebroc carb from summit racing for $100.00.

Never had to adjust or work on it.

Tony

------------------
obnoxious 67 camaro under construction. TH350/383 stroker w/ aluminum Edlebroc RPM heads,cam, and carb. Guldstrand mod, Hotchkis 600lbs springs. Next Hotchkis swaybar and disc brakes.This is a "Daily Driver" that still needs A LOT of work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My friend has the same setup as you and he's running a Holley 650 double pumper mech. 2'nd....the car response real well with that carb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have an Edlebrock Performer RPM, with a Holly 750 single; vacuum Secondary, elec choke, Power valve Blowout protection, and clear float window. I got the Carb New, and NEVER had ANY problems, I like it, because you can change jets, and adjust things very easily, without taking the linkage off to take the top half of the carb off like an Edlebrock/Carter.

Very good choice for me. and my throttle response is of a motorcycle. I cant move my foot fast enough.
-67electro

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
how about a rebuilt boneyard quadrajet? get one off a chevy 350 from the early to mid 70's, and you will be pleased. for the ultimate in no maintainance driving, hook up the factory hot air choke.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts