Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd look to rebuilt my front suspension this winter, I don't have the money for anything aggressive. My 67 camaro is stock and a driver. Money is a huge factor here. Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
6,349 Posts
I'd look to rebuilt my front suspension this winter, I don't have the money for anything aggressive. My 67 camaro is stock and a driver. Money is a huge factor here. Thanks for any input.
This is where I got my suspension rebuild kit. You can order the kit from almost anywhere. Also you will note that there are partial kits and full kits, American Made, Off shore products, factory correct and economy kits. Just pick the one that best suits your application. I went with a higher quality kit as I like to support North American made parts and with integral parts like steering components, safety is also a factor, so I like knowing I have spent money in places that gives me that confidence. However with any of these kits, the parts are brand new and will be much safer that 45 year old parts.

http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/store/product/25608/Suspension-kit-Basic-Imported-1967-1968-1969/

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Rock Auto is a good source, you can choose different grades depending on the part.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,378 Posts
Before spending any money, I'd think about whether I wanted to upgrade the UCA/LCA bushings to poly or delrin/del-alum. Then there's the question of tall ball joints to correct the camber curve. And while you're in there, you might consider solid subframe bushings and the IROC steering box upgrade.

In other words, you might want to do some research before plunking your money down for a rebuild "kit."

·
Registered
470 Posts
I used RockAuto for all my ball joints and new bushes, I looked all over and found they had the best prices.

Watch the shipping though, if it comes to you from more than one warehouse it can get expensive, I managed to get it all from one location so only had one shipping fee.

I bought mostly MOOG stuff, I like their parts and the fact you can maintain them with grease.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,039 Posts
Chad, If you are keeping the suspension stock then go with Moog or TRW. I know some of their products are made in Mexico, etc. but they still have to meet the manufactures spec's. Check prices with your local parts houses and compare them with Rockauto prices. Be sure to include shipping charges and tax if applicable. Unless the parts on your car are quite old I would only replace the pieces needing replacement. There's no real gain in changing out good parts.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Chad, the Question is what you mean by Re-Build the Suspension as that means different things to different people. The Other Factor is determining your Budget.

Rebuild Stock - Bushings, Ball Joints, Shocks, Springs, etc
Upgrade - Tubular A-Arms, Shock, Springs, Swaybar.

I always recommend Buying American - Support the American Economy and get Quality Parts.

I'm biased as a Vendor, but wouldn't you like to buy from Someone that knows their Product & supports the Camaro Community?

T.C.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
X2 - On PST, I got the polygraphite super front end rebuild kit and the poly body mounts. Very happy with the results. I kept my original A-arms. I did upgrade to the Hotchkis TVS kit at the same time, so lot changed during that time. Recently, I lost one of the upper A-arm bushings due to a lose nut. Called PST, they sent me a new one no cost, 6 years after I bought the kit from them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts