Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am in NJ and am looking for a goodwrench 350 motor. the 260 hp one. I see that summit and jegs has em but I am looking for the best price. Thanks guys.

·
3,386 Posts
Norm,
One thing you have to keep in mind is the shipping and also, who will you talk to if there is a problem. Sometimes it pays to spend a few dollars more and get it locally. Most areas have one or two large GM dealers that act as "wholesale" warehouses for the rest of the dealers. Might want to try and find out who that is in your area and see what price they can give you. Also, check Pace GM parts and Scoggins - Dickey, they have traditionally been the best deals for GM parts.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I ended up getting it local just incase there was a problem. I paid $1850 for the 290hp version. Glad I bought it local though.....1 month later it started blowing smoke like crazy. It ended up being the valve stem seals not being pushed all the way down. 3 of them were crushed. The dealer I bought it at replaced all of them , no questions asked. Not sure how they'll treat you if you buy from a place like jegs....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey guys I am in NJ and am looking for a goodwrench 350 motor. the 260 hp one. I see that summit and jegs has em but I am looking for the best price. Thanks guys.
Where in NJ are you? I'm in North NJ. What part number is the engine? What prices does Jegs and Summit have. My wife works at a Chevy dealer here in NJ. I may be able to get it for you through the dealer where she works at the employee price.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Heck, for $1350, a road trip in my corn-popper will be cheaper than freight!

Unpack it, put a 1/2" thick piece a plywood in the hatch and load it up as far forward as you can get her and drive back easy!

He, He!!

I brought my 454 core engine in parts home in one commute in my 1500 pound '87 Chevy Sprint ER/Suzuki Swift car!!

pdq67

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I got my 290hp from Scoggy Dickens for 1,836. Always check for pilot bushings before you install these engines, ive learned this the hard way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts