Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Went to a friends house the other day and checked out his car. Got a nice big block in a 68 camaro with powersteering BUT has stock manifolds on it. Wants to put in a set of headers but doesnt want to do the ole ding and bang technique. Anyone know FROM EXPERIENCE the best header size and make for this application, besides the custom made 800 dollar versions. Are shorty block huggers any good or are they just as restrictive as manifolds are. Want to get the benefit of true headers.

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey i had good luck with my hooker competition headers they were 160 bucks, i broke in my new cam then sent them to be ceramic coated inside and out, when installing with motor in car, unbolt drivers side motor mount bolt and lift that side of engine up, to fit in past steering box, then put a bolt or two in and set back down, passenger side fits perfect with out anymoving, i did not have to dimple any tubes, hookers and most manufacturer's ceramic coating is not nearly as good as bringing them somewhere to be coated, the prep from hooker is horrible and will not last like it should, mine are 2" primarys, check them out on my site
jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts