Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am looking to replace my old car cover. Does anyone have a place they prefer to purchase. It seems there are all sorts of Car Cover companies out there.... I had one cover that seemed to peel the finish coat after a winter of having my car covered. I want something that protects the car should I have it outside from rain / snow / sun / heat..... yet soft enough to not scratch the body work. I don't want to over pay, but willing to pay up for the right cover.
thank you,
don Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I have 4 different car covers from $250 to $75 and they all accomplish the same thing. Get the most layers to give the best protection. I like Budge car covers, been around since the 40's and have great service and are reasonably priced. On the high end it is a Evolution. I think all the material is made by 3M or the same type process. I have never had one scratch the finish, heck they would be out of business in no time.

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Surprised nobody has mentioned Covercraft.
Nice looking car you have there. I love the second generation Camaro. I have had several. Welcome 👍🇺🇸

Reactions: Gibby1340

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Evolution is a Covercraft cover, about $260 vs Budge at $110
Good to know. I have been think about getting a cover. Never had one. My cars are always dusty.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I have 3 California Car Covers. They make several fabric types depending on intended use (indoor or outdoor). They are not cheap but for me have performed well. I just replaced a 22 year old one.

Fortunately they are close to me so I just go there to order, and they have a in-house seamstress to add mirror or antenna pockets or extra lining for corners using the same material your cover is if you want. I bring the car there when cover comes in (they are made out of state) and they cut out the area for pockets or just mark area where you want extra padding like I did for my C10 rear bed corners

My Camaro has an indoor cover and is like a flannel lining, all cotton. It is OK for outside for short periods but not rain. My other cars have the Ultraweave fabric. These covers are vehicle specific and fit like a glove

Vehicle cover Hood Vehicle Automotive design Car

My C10 stays outside

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud
Vehicle cover Tire Hood Wheel Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts