Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Also watch out for old steel belted radials, when the belt flys off it will hit the 1/4 panel.
Ask how I know?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,623 Posts
dont forget to pour some bleach on the tire before your burnout. (you wont be able to see the street)

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I would get a set of bias ply tires and in a fairly hard compound. You do not want to blow a steel belted radial if you like your car. See if you can get some used tires from a circle track racer (dirt tires work fine too). That way if you pop one the damage will be minimal.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Dont use bleach, it will make smoke BUT it is very corrivse (how is that spelled)
clorine will rot anything, that is why anything around a pool is good grade stainless.
Will make toxic fumes drag strips outlawed many years ago.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
BFG radial t/a's are pretty damn good.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Lots of bleach and some bfg's

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info guys.Not doing this with my 67 we have a 4 door 80 Cutlass we are thinking about dropping a 383 and a PG in with a 4.56 gear to play with.Off to the used tire store to find some bias ply tires.

·
19,789 Posts
A good spot to check is a corner garage that does tire mounting and flat repairs.... you know, the pile of used tires out back :D

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
All you have to do is get a pile of them burning and I bet that you will have the DNR/DEQ and the EPA ALL over you!!

We had a big tire fire down in the SW corner of the state a while back and EPA monitored the air quality and said everything was fine!!

Go figure, you could see the smoke plum for miles and miles!!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
You're missing the boat on a burnout contest if you don't use the 'colored smoke' tires *G*. At Corvettes at Carlisle the past few years, they've had a burnout contest. . on Sat afternoon, thousands of people watching. *L*. the last two years, there's been at least one with 'colored' smoke tires... last year, someone had tires that generated smoke that CHANGED colors from red, to blue, to green, etc... during a 5 to 10 min burnout.. (they get extra credit when they burn all the way thru til the tires pop)... :)
Here are a couple of sample photos from the 'colored smoke' tires at Carlisle last August.. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts