Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few owner's posts about their methods of flushing Dexcool out of their systems to refill with the green stuff. I have no idea why the previous owner of my car used the dexcool, but I want to get rid of it... Can I simply drain my radiator, refill with water and "radiator flush", get the car to operating temp, drain again and refill with the green stuff?

I want to make sure that I get all of that orange crap out of the system.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I use one of those Prestone flush kits. You install a T in the heater line and it lets you connect a water hose and flush the system. Pulling the thermostat also helps.

On another note, the Supertech "green stuff" at Wal-Mart is compatible with the "pink stuff", at least it says so on the jug. I have used it as filler in my two newer vehicles with Dex-Cool and Mopar pink coolant without any issues.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
do a search i read that the two are not compatible and the dex will gel if mixed so i fushed it all out of my kids Xterra soon as i read that. what kind of dumba$$ put that in there....doh me

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do a search i read that the two are not compatible and the dex will gel if mixed so i fushed it all out of my kids Xterra soon as i read that. what kind of dumba$$ put that in there....doh me
yes, if you mix dexcool with the green stuff it is VERY BAD...which is why I want to make sure that I get rid of every last bit of the orange stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Flush the block and rad. With water till both are clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts