Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to folks. Nobody in my area could get BFG's T/A in the 235/60/R15 size for nearly 60 days, everyone was on backorder from the factory. I got lucky and called around and found a set in Mpls at Discount Tire and they put a hold on them for me. 2 other dealers tried to scalp them away but the guy held them and I got them on Wed. If you are thinking about new rubber, call around, seems to be a shortage.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Jim... nice find and choice too! I have been running them since 2001 and love them. I think its the demand for that brand rather than anything else. I think they will get caught up about October...time for season end :)

Kev

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I was shopping for T/A today also ... I began thinking Dunlop or Yokohama after searches were drawing blanks. Maybe I'll see some in Charlotte this weekend ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was able to get the 235's for the front of my car but, I ordered the 255/60 's:( from summit and they have Back ordered them until mid summer!:(

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got around to getting my new tires mounted on my new rally wheels :D I need to clean them up now but the car sits much more level as I had 15" on back and 14" on front. Now I have 'carma' with 235/60/R15's all the way around. Should be nice ride now with the new 700R tranny on the highway. :thumbsup: I need to clean up my trim rings now too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I work for chrysler and BFg's are one of our major tire brands.The company rep. says they are discontinuing radial TA's and being replaced by uniroyals.I can't believe it but it is true.The radial ta's have been around for so long,I can't under stand why they would give up a good thing.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
I work for chrysler and BFg's are one of our major tire brands.The company rep. says they are discontinuing radial TA's and being replaced by uniroyals.I can't believe it but it is true.The radial ta's have been around for so long,I can't under stand why they would give up a good thing.
I heard similar. I heard the TA line may move to Coker.

Great, Tiger Paws. Ug. Why rejuvinate the uniroyal name - that is dead to consumers.

I'm probably buying Firestone Indy 500s for my 77 this week.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I got the last 2 235/60R15 at Tognotti's in Sacramento last October. I don't think they carry BFG anymore. My usual source couldn't find them anywhere.
I should have gotten an extra for a spare.

So the 255's are getting rare too?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I was finally able to buy a pair of 255/60-15's last summer. I had to wait almost 6 months because of their availablity. I hate to hear that they're going away. I might try to find another set before its too late to buy them anymore.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok, I don't know who to believe....

I just got off the phone with BF Goodrich at their main number and they did confirm to me that Radial T/A's were on back order, but not to worry that they had no intentions of getting rid of that line. She stated that they were back-ordered because they are in the process of a "redesign" to improve the tire. Now what that means???? Who knows...... :eek:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sounds like BFG is just going to improve it some,,its been a long time since it was 1st designed and tires are way more advanced today ,, so i would think the new design will be a much better tire,,,Frank

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Sounds like BFG is just going to improve it some,,its been a long time since it was 1st designed and tires are way more advanced today ,, so i would think the new design will be a much better tire,,,Frank
Ha, the current one is like the 4th generation. I like to walk around car shows and see if I can find at least 3 generations - I almost always do if there are a lot of cars. And I like to see who is running 20+ year old tires on their cars. Maybe this summer I will try to document the BFG T/A evolution. :)

I hope the info from BFG is correct - I sure trust it more then the local guys I got info from. But the 'backorder' deal has been going on a while - which fuels their speculation, me thinks. Sizes have been dropping off the 'actually available' list for a while.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Brian,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

We greatly appreciate your interest and patronage. We do not have any plans
to discontinue the Radial TA tires. Our tires are on back order due to the
great demand. Please feel free to contact us at a later date for your tire
availability.

We have forwarded your request to the Marketing Department.

If your questions have not been answered to your satisfaction, please call
me at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time
Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,
Molly

BFGoodrich Tires
Consumer Relations Department

(Please Do Not Delete the line below.)
Email ID: 1730228

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
She stated that they were back-ordered because they are in the process of a "redesign" to improve the tire. Now what that means???? Who knows...... :eek:
That maybe they're going to improve the tire? Is there any reason to assume otherwise? :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Polymer technologies are constantly advancing so lets hope for the better.... who knows.... maybe they'll start a really cool tread pattern in the 14" 15" wheel range..... I won't hold my breath though.... *Shrug*

·
Registered
130 Posts
The first place I tried was Fountain Tire looking for 255/60 R15 and after a month or more of dicking me around I decided to look some more.I got lucky when Kal Tire in British Columbia said they had a pair at the coast.They shipped them up and installed them for me and the big fresh meats look great on the Vert.Yes they are hard to find but you must phone around to see if someone has any in stock

1 - 20 of 29 Posts