Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am ready to build an engine for a 69 camaro that will be the sister to a 69 black 435/427 vette. It will pretty much just be a show car, I probably will never run it over 5500 rpm because it will run a factory A/C compressor. So far I have looked at everything from just a passenger car 454 block ($300-$500) that would need machine work etc , rebuild some used heads, decent crank etc, but it looks like I would still have $3000 into it:boring: , not so appealing. Then there is the 454 HO from GM performance for about $5200??::sad: Then there is also another option which is probably the route I will take just for experiment, a Dart cast iron block $2200, Dart cast iron oval port heads $1400, Scat rotating assembly $800, + cam, gaskets, oil pan etc,::thumbsup: ughhhh! Starts adding up quick!!! Makes me want to just get a plain 454 remanufactured long block from Larry's etc for $2500, paint it and call it a day::beers:. Anyone starting to get my headache from all the different options. I have done some old school type small blocks years ago, 383 strokers etc, but never a big block other than the 427 in the 69 corvette, but that was all done by a machine shop and builder which I would never want to do again because of the cost, dated items BS etc:mad: Also, I really am set on using a solid cam (LS6 type) for the nostalgia, noise and to be able to spend all my free time adjusting the lifters::boring: I dont like the price tag, but I am kind of itching to try adding a solid roller cam, and some simple roller rockers that would fit under the stock valve covers:, what can I say, I am addicted to the "clatter": Again, the motor is going into a pretty much show car, and just really need to look like a 427/435 that came in an Vette in 69, but it will be in a 69 SS camaro. Sorry for the long post, I just want some good info other than people telling me to put a blown 572 crate motor:yes::noway::sad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts