Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon

I have posted before and have a question about what underhood wiring harness to purchase. I have a 69 small block AC car that I am putting a 454 in. It is a console shift with warning lights. I have installed a new 140 amp alternator-one wire (pass. side) and will be installing a Vintage Air setup. I need a new engine harness and possibly a new light harness. Should I purchase a big block harness? ( I don't what the differences are in the small and big block harnesses.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy cruising! :beers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
My car was orinially a SB and now it has a 427. I ripped all the old original wiring out (save it for reference, you'll be glad you did) and I installed AAW (american Auto Wire), I think they call the series Factory Fit. Just tell them what options you have, BB, SB, console guages, warning lights, auto, 4spd etc and they'll set you up with the correct harness. Mine was an AC car also and now it's not and everything wired up perfectly. They have a great tech support also, helped me out alot. You can also look through Ricks First Gen catalog, they have a list of Factory Fit AAW harnesses and it tells you what options they are for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts