Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my car back to a stock fan clutch & shroud from the electric fan I had on. I have ordered the Shroud From Firewheel along with clips & a bracket that goes on the right side of the radiator. Since it's been over 30 years since I took off the original shroud I really do not remember how everything attaches. If someone has pictures I would appreciate it. This is for a 68 with a 4 core 23" Harrison radiator. I still have the original bracket where the bolt goes through the top of the shroud, really need to see how the clips attach.

Thanks.

Milt

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Look to see if your radiator has the metal tabs that the clips insert to on the bottom left and right side tanks on the radiator. The clips have a ear that clips into the radiator tabs. Then the bottom of the shroud slides into the clips and just align the top hole on the bracket you have.

If the radiator does not have the slots for the clips then you can make some brackets that can go from the shroud to the radiator support.

Once you have the clips you can see how they work.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. I've got the parts now. On the driver side the clip goes right in the slot on the bracket. On the passenger side the clip looks like it hooks on the edge of the tank then snaps into a hole on the radiator bracket. However the clip seems to be too short. On the package it says sml blk lwr fan shrd clip. In the book it said nothing about small block. I looked up the part in CI & it says it's for all Harrison Radiators. I took the plunge & cut the $20.00 piece of steel & welded in chunk of similar metal to make it about 3/8" longer. I'm waiting for the paint to dry to see if this will work. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK My extension of the bracket worked. I had to notch the tabs a 1/4" to allow the shroud to drop down more & I had to trim the inside lip at the bottom of the shroud to make it clear the fan. Here are a couple pictures of the clips if anyone is interested & the installed shroud.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts