Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im putting a big block into a 71 camaro with a 73 subframe. The 71 subframe was destroyed and replaced with one from a 73, I removed the motor mounts and bought new BB mounts for the correct year. I just need some info as to where they go, ie measurements/pics. Thanks:confused::clonk:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Hi guys, Im putting a big block into a 71 camaro with a 73 subframe. The 71 subframe was destroyed and replaced with one from a 73, I removed the motor mounts and bought new BB mounts for the correct year. I just need some info as to where they go, ie measurements/pics. Thanks:confused::clonk:
.......bolt them back into the holes that you removed the old frame mounts from.

David F.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1971 and 1973 motor mounts are completely different.The 71' has the pedestal type, while the 73' is the clamshell style. the holes are off by a mile! Thanks

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
1971 and 1973 motor mounts are completely different.The 71' has the pedestal type, while the 73' is the clamshell style. the holes are off by a mile! Thanks
I am totally :confused:. Are you talking about engine mounts or frame mounts? Because your original post states "The 71 subframe was destroyed and replaced with one from a 73, I removed the motor mounts and bought new BB mounts for the correct year.........the holes are off by a mile! "

David F.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sorry,I meant to say frame mounts NOT motor mounts!. Thanks for settin' me straight, I guess youd call that a typo of the brain. The frame mounts in the 73' sub frame are the clamshell style, with the rubber insulator, where the mounts for the earlier subframe are a pedestal type. I dont have the old subframe,or I would just transfer the measurements. I hope this clears up any confusion, and like I said ANY of your help would be greatly appreciated!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts