Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys,
I know this has been covered before so don't flame me....I did a search and found several answers, I need to find out what mounts(the ones that mount to the sub frame) I need for a big block in a 69...this is a big block car but had been dis-assembled when I got it so I'm not sure if the mounts I have are the right ones..one is tall and the other is short..I also have a small block car that had been hacked together prior to me getting it...the mounts in it appear to be the same size (rt & lt) or damn near...so what mounts should I have for the big block car?? thanks in advance...you guys are the best!!!!

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Check David Pozzi's site for GM part numbers and sizes in text.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/David_Pozzi/camaro_engine.htm

BB FRAME BRACKETS
Here are measurements of BB Frame brackets from "phel69" a Team Camaro forum member.
"These are the heights of a set of big block brackets in a car I have.

1. Driver's side is 2.5 inches from base to the top of the bracket. It measures 1.75 inches from base to center of the bracket bolt hole. It is GM part # 3950113.

2. The passenger side bracket measures 2.0 inches from the base to the top of the bracket. It measures 1&3/8 inches from the base to the center of the bracket bolt hole.This is GM part # 3950114.

These measurements were taken in the car but should be accurate. - Bob."

http://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum9/HTML/009013.html link to quote above.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sorry I don't have measurements but, if your mounts are for a 1969 Camaro they should be stamped with GM #s (left)3980941 (right) 3980942

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hi Gary
I had a nos set of the GM mounts and bought repos and couldn't tell the difference other than the repos didn't have the GM #S. I sold the GM's and used the repos and put $80.00 in my pocket, well in the Camaro. LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys...I will check them out when I go back to the shop tomorrow......no need to buy the re-pops if I have the right mounts already!! thanks again guys.......!
p.s. you can check out my project here
http://community.webshots.com/user/mindcrime100

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey, I have a set of BB frame mounts I bought from Ground up after emailing back & forth with Dave Pozzi. He says the ones I have are correct for 69 BB. They stamped as replacement mounts. I have decided to go with a SB crate motor instead. I paid $74 for them Make me a reasonable offer and they're yours. $50 sound fair?
I'm at [email protected]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Midlife, sorry I wasn't ignoring you..just never saw your reply until a few minutes ago...I found out that the mounts I have are the right ones...so I don't need them....but thanks for the sweet offer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Midlife, sorry I wasn't ignoring you..just never saw your reply until a few minutes ago...I found out that the mounts I have are the right ones...so I don't need them....but thanks for the sweet offer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts