Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new radiator and would like to get a big block curved neck because hopefully within a year I will replace the 350 with a big block. My question is can I make the big block curved neck radiator work with my 350 for the time being? Not sure if the big block fan shroud would work also. Heres the one I'm looking at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-BB-427-Camaro-4-Row-Radiator-Curved-Hose-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2e9c7eb47aQQitemZ200194045050QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
It is a 23" 4 core.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
As long as you get radiator hoses that fit it should work. Probably have to use a SB shroud and modify it to fit the radiator since the fan will be centered in the car if it has the SB frame mounts. Shrouds are cheap. You can put a BB one on it when you switch the engine.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Can't say how it will work on a curved neck radiator but a 68 SB shroud for a car with AC is for a 23 inch radiator. That same shroud won't work for a BB engine according to Alumitech due to position of the fan being different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts