Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,could someone tell me if you were to stand a small block front coil spring on end beside a big block front coil spring on end would they both be the same height or is the difference in the thickness of the springs.I am talking about a 69.Thanks for any information....BBS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason that I am asking this is because the car has no drivetrain in it and the guy that I bought the car from said that he had put in big block springs and that it would not make any difference in the height of the car when I put the small block in. My concern is that when I do put the drivetrain in the car will sit too high on the front end....Thanks again for any information...BBS

·
Registered
352 Posts
It will make a difference in the front end height of your car if you put a small block in a car that has big block springs. I just got done changing mine to the proper small block springs. I think the difference is in the thickness of the springs but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 68 and went from a small block to a big block, all the places I called to get spring told me there is no such thing as big block or small block springs just higher rated springs i.e. some are stiffer than others. The springs I ended up with were shorter "I wanted it lower" but were much beefer than stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts