Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I been having a problem getting my car in a reasonable idle..(Lunati Bracket master cam [email protected] duration and .511 lift)
Well Today I drilled the primary butterflies..and It seems like it is idling a little better aprox 1000-900rpm..
But here is another question I did notice that while checking vacuum pressure between 7-8"..I accidently pulled the vacuum line off..Even with a vacuum leak the idle did not seem to be effected...Is this because I pull so little to begin with???...Or should I be looking for another bigger vacuum leak???? Thanks again

------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
-------------------------
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman
-------------------------

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
hi, i havnt seen the other posts about your idle problems,(hav'nt been on in awhile) but you should be able to get that to idle pretty decent.(850-1100) it sounds like a vacuum leak, a bigger one that is, could be your problem, check for sure. i dont know what size motor you have, but i have a 250 at .050, 608 solid roller in my 406 and it idles nasty but good and steady, w/ 14" of vacuum at 1000 rpm. well at any rate, good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.