Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input, I have a '69 Camaro, had factory small block w/power brakes (drums)and steering. Over the last several years the car has been though some changes. I did the drag race thing for a while, I removed power brakes (no vacum becuz of the big cam)but now its time to get it back on the road and drive it but it still has a pretty hot motor in it. Just put a T-56 six speed in it and 17" torque trush wheels, now i'm looking for disc brakes for all 4 corners, but it does NOT have to be a matching kit front/rear. I think the trouble i'm having is finding a kit for the rear, it has a Ford 9" (small bearing '72 cougar) with moser axles chevy bolt pattern. Also would like to know if you guys are happy with manual brakes on your car and if there is any tricks or should do's when running maual brakes. Thanx Tim

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Have you looked at www.kore3.com ? He does C5/C6 conversions and I think he can deal with the Furd rear.

With the TTII wheels you'll probably need a C5/6/C4 hybrid kit for the front because of limited space behind those wheels. Speedtech sells a bracket.

Or Wilwood or Baer or SSBC etc. etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts