Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whats the biggest size tire I can fit in the rear of my 69 without any tire sticking out. It's never been cut or modified. I'll be mounting the tires on 15x8 Rallys.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Hey Kustom,welcome to camaros.net. Check the wheel & tire forum, and do a search, the answers are there a thousand times... This time tho... 2 different 15x8's... vette wheels have more backspace (distance from inside edge of rim to mounting flange) 4.5" or so. Chevelle & Monte Carlo wheels have 4" bs. If that is what you have, you can fit a 255 or 265 / 60 / 15. If you have vette wheels... do the search, they stick out too far, and the tires will rub the fenders if they are too big.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I fit 275/50/15's on a 15x8 with 4.5" bs. No rubbing.

·
19,801 Posts
With the correct backspacing a 275 tire should be no problem. That is keeping it in the wheelwell.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was wondering, on a stock 69 what would be the best tire size for all four tires with the same wheel size of 15X7 to achieve a low profile look. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
With full DSE suspension, how wide of a tire should I be able to fit up front on a '69? Thanks.
-Jason

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Although this may not be apples-to-apples, I have 245/50-16 on the front with Global West springs which dropped it about 1 1/2" or so. The key was getting the car aligned with 1* negative camber to tuck the top in and removing the upper inner fender bolts ( will put button head ones in when I can ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts