Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting 16 inch IROC rims for my 83 Z.. Whats the largest tire I can put on it without any modifying?? What does back spacing mean?? Distance from side of tire to wheel well, or what?? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
BlazinZ28

I had an 83 Z myself, and I ran the stock Z28 wheels on it but with a wider tire. I had a small rub in the front fenders when I turn the wheel close to the locks. If I remember right I was using 235/60's or 245/60's. Hope this helps.

------------------

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got to thinking about it and I think it was the 245/60 the rubbed the inner fender wells up front.

------------------
Steven S
68 RS/SS
98 Z28 M6, !CAGS, Mobile 1

·
Registered
7 Posts
The backspace is the distance from, uhh, lesse here. If you lay the rim on the ground, with no tire on it, face down, and measure the distance from the highest part of the wheel, which is the inside edge when it is mounted, to where the wheel bolts to the hub, then you have the backspace. Wow, that should screw you up fer a while. As fer tire size, whydontcha just run whatever the IMSTOCKS had? Should be cheaper than other tires in that range. REmember, there are front and rear wheels in the 16" F-car wheels.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts