Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Nice rims and a very good product. I have the Billet Raleys 18s from wheel vintiques... You gotta post some pics when they are on the car.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
They told me 2-months but it only took about 5-6 weeks... I really like those rims, they will look pretty sick on your bad to the bone fully restored Camaro.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the color paint I'm going with I think they'll look good. I'm torn between the rims you have and the magnum rim.

Looking at the Wheel Vintiques web site, they list the rim as "Magnum" but did'nt the magnum only come on mustangs? I thought Camaro's had SS396 rims?

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Now that you mention it.... I'm not sure... That wheel is looking more and more like a Ford-Cougar-Mercury wheel.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looking at the Wheel Vintiques web site, they list the rim as "Magnum" but did'nt the magnum only come on mustangs? I thought Camaro's had SS396 rims?
The Magnum is a Ford wheel but if you look at a picture of the SS wheels they are very close. In 17" or larger they do look "right" in my opinion for what ever that's worth :).

·
Registered
657 Posts
This is how I want my car to look when it's done, less the paint color. The picture was taken from the Wheel Vintiques web site.

That's the picture from the Wheel Vintiques website I had in mind. I think they look like 17" SS wheels. I don't look at that picture and see "Ford" wheels.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
American Racing makes a wheel like these called the AR500, about half the price. Not sure about quality though. Check their web site, you can get custom sizes for about $300 per wheel. That about $125.00 per wheel cheaper that than the ones pictured.

Check Newstaliga, they are a sponcer.

Joe

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rlyfst1,

The color is going to be somewhere between glacier blue and lemans blue. I'm putting the vinyl top back on with black stripes. It's going to look kinda like this picture. If you would could you photoshop the rims on this picture and lower it down.

I really appreciate everyone's help and advice!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
I like those rims as well. What color is your car going to be? I can do a quick chop for you. I put one of those rims on the "Orange Crush" and the combo just doesn't work for me.
Boy im glad i didn't go that rout.... I would try some Salt Flats on his car a swell as these Ralleys.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Yeah it kinda looks like a FireBird, but i think they will look great on yours.... I wish i new how to chop and cut for you... There is another rim that i like, the Salt Flat if he could try that for you as well. The centers are like a charcoal dark gray.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts