Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 and i ordered a set of rear shocks from hotchkis and went to install them and the bolt on the bottom of the shock is to big for the plate that it mounts to, any others heard of this?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I am not sure if this is the answer you are looking for....
For my 68 I had to have Hotchkis send me a sleeve that went in the bottom of the shock. The bilstein hole was larger than the shock bolt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its actually the 2 holes on the lower mounting bracket are smaller than the bolt that came with the shock, because of the location of one of the holes on the mounting bracker,its very close to one side, i am afraid to enlarge it.
i dont know if a smaller bolt with a sleeve would work or not?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
call hotchkis...they will send you the sleeves that you put in the shock. You use original bolts and do not need to modify bracket

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
what's what stopping me from installing my bilsteins, problem is I don't have my lower bolts either~ Heck I need the upper bolts too!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
any local auto shop should be able to help you with the bolt size. Open a box there and match it up.
I now remember the same issue. Hotchkis may even send you the bolts with the sleeves.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hmmm.. I had this issue this week because I have mono shock plates, and the KYB's came with a larger bolt the was made for the multi's. I pressed the old sleeves out of my old shocks, put them into the new shocks lower eye, and the old bolt fit perfectly.

Are you sure they are not mono shock plates? The mono's have the smaller bolt hole, if they are multi's, then I have no idea why unless they sent the wrong shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Hmmm.. I had this issue this week because I have mono shock plates, and the KYB's came with a larger bolt the was made for the multi's. I pressed the old sleeves out of my old shocks, put them into the new shocks lower eye, and the old bolt fit perfectly.

Are you sure they are not mono shock plates? The mono's have the smaller bolt hole, if they are multi's, then I have no idea why unless they sent the wrong shocks.
As far as I know they are multi's? I may just have to drill out the plates I guess.

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
Just reading thru the comments, hotckis and kyb. What makes them so much better that Koni adjustable fluid shocks? Is hotckis a name , style or what? Sorry , I come from the caveman days on these cars and probably before. I have been running fluid konis ever since I removed the spiral shocks on the Z. I had a set of kyb on one of my Tri Five cars and did not like them, too spongy. Went back to fluid shocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts