Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
The body sills they refer to are what we call rocker panels which are under the long chrome "spear" that runs along each side of body. Most rally sports and SS camaros came with it with the exception of dark color cars I think. rick

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Depended on colors - my Fathom Green '69 has Z-21, but rockers are body color - that's one of the dark colors that didn't get the black paint.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
331 Posts
Greg,

If you look at your trim tag it should list your car as an X-11, X-22, or X-33. X-11 is much more common. This X-11 indicates the RPO Z21. The Z21 is a exterior trim option. It includes the black rocker panels (depending on the color of paint). Only the dark colors did not recieve black rocker panels.

I suggest checking out Http:\\www.camaro.org for a complete listing of Z21 equipment.

------------------
69 SS

·
Registered
236 Posts
JohnZ, what color interior does your Z28 have? My SS is fathom green with medium green standard interior.

------------------
'69 SS 396/375hp L78 M21 3.73 Fathom green/medium green interior

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Did the black go all the way to the rear edge of the front wheel well or just the rocker panel itself? I have a Lemans blue 69 RS that will need paint and I was considering the black panel. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts