Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '87 Camaro. I'm trying to change the blinker switch in order to fix the cruise control, but I'm having a problem getting into the steering column. After I take off the steering wheel, there's a plastic piece with three notches around the outside. I bought a tool that I was told would remove this piece. It's like a gear puller with two legs that come out on either side and push in, but when I use it, it only seems to be pushing in on the plastic piece. It doesn't seem to be unlocking the plastic plate in anyway. Any tips or help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Disconnect the battery and if you can try to reach under the dash an feel for the blinker. I think it's to the right of the tach. It should be hanging freely.

good luck!

------------------
Stock 67 327 RS
www.angelfire.com/ca7/goatjjcamarors/index.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Believe you may have misunderstood. I'm changing the blinker arm on the side of the steering column. There is a wire running into the steering column for the cruise control. I will need to get into the steering column to disconnect and recconect that wire. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goatjj:
Disconnect the battery and if you can try to reach under the dash an feel for the blinker. I think it's to the right of the tach. It should be hanging freely.

good luck!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts