Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of restoring my camaro. I figure it will take me a few years to complete. What is the best way to store the engine block(bare),heads, and crank so they don't get ruined while in storage? Is there a coating that can be applied to these parts to preserve them while storred?

·
Registered
44 Posts
the best way to store parts for a long time so they dont rust like engine blocks and so on is to submerge them in oil. but if you dont have that much oil which i guess since people dont save their used up oil and dont bother to buy the amount to do this. is to get large garbage bags and wrap the parts in the bags. if you already havent started to clean the parts dont. the dirt and grease and rust thats already on there will protect it from rusting more. and if you already cleaned them coat them with some oil or there are also types of spray you can get at you local parts dealer

·
Registered
233 Posts
If it hasn't been cleaned set the heads and stuffback on the block. If it's been cleaned then prime everything and oil the machined surfaces. Then store on your engine stand, inside an actual engine storage bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts