Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy shortened my fill neck for me and I was able to start the car and its been five weeks or so that its run. My problem is when I started it a ground wire came off the relay going to the pump and it blew a 15 amp fuse. It did this three time and I put a twenty in it and its working fine .Its a Holly 350 with a bypass and it recommends a 15 amp.Why do you think it wont hold on a 15 now.Any help here would be appreciated...Thanks in addvance.......Dave

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
The ground wire came off three times?

·
Registered
472 Posts
What gauge are your feeder and ground wires? If they are too small you'll blow fuses more frequently. 15amp fuse does sound a little wimpy for a fuel pump.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
What gauge are your feeder and ground wires? If they are too small you'll blow fuses more frequently. 15amp fuse does sound a little wimpy for a fuel pump.
Why would a small wire be more inclined to blow a fuse than a larger one?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
No,If you haven't got a clue you usually clueless....I'm buying a Magnafuel to replace the Holly 350.....

http://www.magnafuel.com/products/kits/wiring kits.htm

I wonder why Magnafuel would recommend using a 10 gauge wire feeding the relay and then use an 18 gauge wire from the relay to the pump? The 18 gauge wire is only rated for about 16 amps.

The Magnafuel ProStar 500 is rated at 13 amps. Is this the model you got?

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what Holly recomends,for some reason its holding now I'm still replacing it with a Magna fuel....Thanks for your input...

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts