Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a drawing of a camaro body that states what the correct name is for each panel? I'm getting ready to buy sheet metal, but want to make sure i'm ordering the right thing. any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
does anyone have a drawing of a camaro body that states what the correct name is for each panel? I'm getting ready to buy sheet metal, but want to make sure i'm ordering the right thing. any help would be much appreciated.
When we ordered ours, I always made sure I saw a pic of each panel/part to make sure it matched what I needed. I never buy anything without seeing a pic of it first.
And make sure you take each piece out of the box and check it for damage. Refuse it right there if it's damaged. When I bought our '69's rear quarter, my vender checked the piece and refused it, he then called me to let me know I'd have to wait longer for a re-ship. That's the way it should be. End result, we got a flawless quarter next shipment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the information and tips on checking each piece went it arrives.. I'll give yearone a call. This will be my first time to try replacing sheetmetal myself. I really want to get everything ordered correctly. Do ya'll have a preference on which manufacturer of sheet metal to use?

·
Registered
601 Posts
ive did and done that with my 67 camaro. try to buy products from oer there parts are better than like goodmark golden legend hugger.these 3 are made in taiwan by the same company just different name on box or a sticker on another name(beleive me i got a golden legend box with a goodmark sticker on the name lol)i peeled it off and laughed lol. ive sent alot of stuff back from goodmark. got stuff from classicindustries.com some made are oer which gm granted rights to make aftermarket parts for old cars and the parts fit much better even a little higher in price.good luck in your project car. some panels you can still get from gm hard to find but better fit than any aftermarket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts