Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a solid body shell for a 68 Camaro and would appreciate any ideas as to where would be a good place to start. I know about the classifieds here and the Collector Car Trader Online. Is there anywhere else I could be searching? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I know where there is a primered 68 Camaro near my house in California. The body is very straight. However there is rust on the bottom right front fender around the bottom bolt. The interior is black and is very clean. No tares in the seats or headliner. The car doesn't have an engine or trans and is missing the light bezels and upper grille molding. The front clip has some mickey moused weld job on it and would probably need to be replaced. the car looks like it was set up to be a drag car. It has 295 Goodyear Eagles on Centerlines in the back and a pro stock hood scoop. The guy wants $3000 for it but I'm sure with some persuading he'll come down on that price. Let me know and I'll pass on the phone number and location of the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have emails on the way to both of you. Sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a "parts wanted" classified ad. My intent was to find alternate places to search for Camaro stuff, but I certainly appreciate this kind of information also.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know you already know about the classified ads but check them everyday and
also check the ads by looking them up on the
internet I looked for about 9months within
100mile area I live just north of Tampa ended
up finding my 68ss in the ST PETE. TIMES
on the internet I think the ads come out earlier on the net the same ad was not yet posted in the paper.
The reason I say check net/paper every day is because when a good deal comes out the
sooner you can get over to look at it the better, take your cash with you! I was looking at the one I bought and 2 other people showed up I had cash they did'nt
paid 4000.00 and drove it home from New Port
Richey. If I see anything I'll E-mail you
the info. GOOD LUCK
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts