Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make the the mount that is welded to the frame ?
if not is there a way to find the original position of the rubber bushing ?
My framed holes are rotted out to about 3 or 4 inches!

------------------
stock? 67
69BB in resto.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Rick's First Generation (800-359-7717) has both a Subframe Mounting Hole Repair Set (four VERY large washers to be welded to the top of the mount brackets to re-establish the right hole size for the mounts), and a Subframe Mounting Plate Repair Set (six complete top plates, with bolt/cushion and gage pin holes, to be welded to the top of your existing mounting brackets). The #SS-46 hole repair set is $12.95, the #SS-65 mounting plate repair set is $46.95.

Page 2-4 of the Frame section of the Chassis Service Manual shows all of the reference dimensions for all the mounting holes to position the repair plates prior to welding.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 12-09-2000).]

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
You don't have ta worry that much about exact location of the patch washers because the bushings have a BIG hole in them with Big washers so that they center to the car regardless. But is best to mount approx. right. pdq67

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Go to a surplus metal place and buy 1/4" plate and make your own repair plates. I did for $5 which gave me enough for probably 3 cars. The plates you order are not worth the money.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RickD,
Thats what I was thinking of but wasn't sure about the alighment ,but it looks like it's not that crucial has I had thought .
I spose I'll just make my own .

thanks for the quick responce guy!!!

------------------
stock? 67
69BB in resto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts