Team Camaro Tech banner

Bolt on Subframe Connectors... Help

11K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Temple 
#1 ·
We orderd Jegs Bolt on Subframe Connectors. No directions and I am not sure how or where to begin? Any info or step throughs on how to install these for a stock 1969 camaro?

#2 ·
You didn't say which brand ???
They pretty much all install the same - unbolt the rear two bolts of the subframe, insert the connector and reinsert bolt (don't fully tighten yet) and then remove the front spring bolt and swing up connector and reinsert bolt - repeat for other side and then tighten all bolts ...

I'd contact Jeg's and see if they have instructions or a web-site link to give you the same info.
Would be nice ot have something you could reference if issues ...

#3 ·
I installed the Jegs brand on my car - I recall loosening the large body bushing bolt and slipping the front into position, (keep loose until the rear side is in place). then l recall there are 3 or 4 bolts holding the spring perch plate that had to be removed, the rear of the subframe connector goes on top of that and the bolts get reinstalled. Now that's a little easier said than done. I have multi-leafs which may have made for more difficulty but had to use a jack in various places under them to compress/conform to get holes to re-align and re-install bolts through sub-fr-connector and the factory plate. Alignment is key cause there are these nuts that float somewhat up in there and you don't want to strip them so be patient. Anything that wasn't grade-8 in the kit I replaced with more quality fasteners. I also replaced the bolts that held the spring perch plate to the body with new and slightly longer and better washers, etc. I really liked these inexpensive Jegs connectors cause they follow the same line as the subframe and look like they belong there from factory and also fit the underside of body well w/o any mods/pounding/etc. I fabbed a solid mount in place of the lower subframe bushing so would provide for more solid contact on the connector and reduce flex. Kept the upper poly bushing in place. Wouldn't recommend using rubber bushings with these. Make sure car is well supported at all times since you'll be spending some good time with your head under there. Best $100 mod. ever. This was 1st time so kinda learned along the way and maybe others will have additional tips.

#4 ·
Bill is correct. Have a set of the J clips on hand. If the spring pocket has not been removed lately they are likely to break. It is much easier if the whole rear suspension is out of the car.

#9 ·
Re: Bolt on Subframe Connectors...OLD THREAD

I purchased those Jegsters in an attempt to save some pesos, and didn't at all like the way they looked. I shipped them back and swapped them for these, which I've used very successfully before:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Competition+Engineering/247/3112/10002/-1

These can be welded and/or bolted and require no floor mods.

I highly recommend.
Hello ... anyone know for sure if these will work on the Convertible 1969. I'm looking for a 'bolt on'

thanks for input

#7 ·
I sent a copy of the instructions to the email address you have listed in your profile. Let me know if you get them.

#12 ·
I went with Hotchkis front bolt/rear weld. Makes more sense for me. I did not like the material thickness with the CE compared to Hotchkis, .080 vs .120.

They have a set for verts only. Not sure what the differance is. These kits came ith new bolts and poly body mounts. I feel I got my $$ worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.