Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought my first Camaro last night. It's a 68' and not to offend any purists but I want to put some new rims on it. Can anyone tell me the bolt pattern on these and how big of a rim I can fit without any modifications? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
the bolt pattern is the same as pretty much every GM car from the mid 50's to today- 5X4.75".
do a search, this has been covered over and over. look in the suspension, wheels and tires, and Pro Touring sections.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey, I just bought my first Camaro last night. It's a 68' and not to offend any purists but I want to put some new rims on it. Can anyone tell me the bolt pattern on these and how big of a rim I can fit without any modifications? Thanks for the help
Yup, 5x4.75 (or 5x120.6 for you metric guys). If you need help with wheels and tires, we can lend a hand, feel free to give me a call.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bolt pattern is the same as pretty much every GM car from the mid 50's to today- 5X4.75".
do a search, this has been covered over and over. look in the suspension, wheels and tires, and Pro Touring sections.

Hey, sorry guys I'm new to this forum thing. Right after I posted this I saw the individual sections. And then I figured out how to search old topics. Sorry for wasting your time.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The front is "comfy" with up to a 225 cross section tire that is 25" tall or less.
235's will fit if the wheel backspace is right, but they are hard to find.
245 is on the edge, everything better be perfect.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a set of 20's in the rear and 18's up front. The 20's are 245 and the 18's are 235s. Do you think these would ever fit?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
The front is "comfy" with up to a 225 cross section tire that is 25" tall or less.
235's will fit if the wheel backspace is right, but they are hard to find.
245 is on the edge, everything better be perfect.
i know they aren't totally the same, but i had 255/50/16's on Trans Am GTA wheels on the front of my Nova with only minimal rubbing on the frame behind the wheels at full lock. when i got rid of those tires and went with 245/50's, there was absolutely no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Does anyone know if 5 x 120 will work? THanks
5x120 is a BMW bolt pattern. Now, yes, guys have done it, but it's not recomended, and I don't recomend it. Get some wheels that are right, let us know if we can help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts