Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the bolt size is for trans to block on a sb 350?

Is there anywhere to find out the other sizes like head bolts etc?

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
You did not say what transmission. If its Automatic , the bolts are 3/8x 16 thread x maybe 1 1/2" long. Manual trans to bellhousing are usually 1/2 x 13 thread x 1 1/2" or so.

You can go to Jegs or Summit and look under bolts or studs, they will list head / main bolts. They are usually 7/16 course bolts. you can also use studs for better clamping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was actually to mount to an engine stand, so I bought some 3/8" UNC threaded rod and will cut it down. Is UNC correct?

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
I personally wouldn't use threaded rod to hold an engine to a stand unless I knew it was grade 8 threaded rod. That's a lot of valuable weight hanging there, and I wouldn't trust cheapo all-thread. I'd advise using 3/8-16 grade 8 bolts of the correct length for your stand.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Bolt length depends on your arm spacers. Don't use threaded rod, you will hurt when it is complete and it falls to the floor. :eek: Use some good bolts. You are not putting together a stove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bolt length depends on your arm spacers. Don't use threaded rod, you will hurt when it is complete and it falls to the floor. :eek: Use some good bolts. You are not putting together a stove.
Fair point! Fully built its going to weight some and don't want the nagging fear of it falling on my foot. Ouch :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.